Recipe: Sweet & Sour Beef
Sweet & Sour Beef is one of our favorite recipes. My Mom always made it when we were kids and now I am able to make it for my family. 🙂
1 1/2 pound Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 – tbsp cooking oil
2 – medium carrots shredded (I usually double the carrots when I make it – great way to sneak in some extra vegetables for my family)
2 – medium onions, sliced
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cold water
2 tsp corn starch
Hot Cooked Egg Noodles
1. In a large pot, brown the meat in hot oil. Drain extra oil and juices.
2. Add shredded carrots, sliced onions, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of water, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and salt to the pot.
3. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Cook 1 bag of egg noodles, according to package directions
5. Blend 1 tbsp of cold water with 1 tsp corn starch. Add to the stew and stir until thickened and bubbly.
6. Serve over cooked egg noodles. Enjoy!
Makes 4 – 6 servings.
===> CLICK HERE for more Recipes
Disclosure: I may receive affiliate payments when you click on some of the advertisements included in this post. This helps to offset the cost of running and maintaining a blog. Thanks for your support!
Cannot wait to try this!
It’s one of our favorites! I hope you like it too.